Thursday, May 29, 2014

Heart Healthy Loaded Peanut Butter Cookies!




Note: when I use my girls (chickens) eggs, I will use the whole egg because I know they have less cholesterol than store bought eggs...  I have one who lays me double yolk eggs.  Wouldn't want to waste that!  My girls are pets that give back!  If you want to omit the wheat germ to keep it gluten free you don't need to sub, just leave it out!


Preheat oven to 375*
1/4  teaspoon salt
1 large egg white
1cup crunchy peanut butter
1/3cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon molasses 
 2 tablespoons ground flax
 2 tablespoons wheat germ
1/4 cup quick oats
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips

Whisk the egg white with the salt till frothy.  Then add the rest of the ingredients and mix well with a spoon.  Use a teaspoon to scoop heaping spoonfuls about 2 inches apart on baking sheet.  Use a fork to gently push down then bake ten minutes.  Watch the bottoms don't over brown!
Serve with a cold glass of Almond milk!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BWB Newsletter